Matt Hogstrom

PGP key 0F143BC1

On Sep 24, 2019, at 17:14, Jean-Louis Vignaud via Lists.Openmainframeproject.Org <JeanLouis.Vignaud=broadcom.com@...> wrote:

I'm as well in customer meeting tomorrow and won't be able to participate.
Jean-Louis

On Tue, Sep 24, 2019 at 3:29 PM Bruce Armstrong <armstrob@...> wrote:
I also have conflict that I am not able to get out of - so I'm not able to chair meeting

 Bruce Armstrong

IBM System Z Offering Manager- zowe.org

4205 S MIAMI BLVD, DURHAM NC 27703-9141

Email: armstrob@...

Tel: 919-254-8773

Cell: 919-931-3132

From:        "Matt Hogstrom" <matt@...>
To:        zowe-zlc@...
Cc:        zowe-dev@..., zowe-user@...
Date:        09/24/2019 04:16 PM
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] [zowe-zlc] I will not be able to make or lead the call tomorrow
Sent by:        zowe-zlc@...

Can someone volunteer to lead?

No new agenda items apart from the ongoing discussion of v.next and reconciling the missing data as a result of the website move.

If there are no takers by 2100 this evening I’ll cancel the call for tomorrow.

Matt Hogstrom

matt@...
+1-919-656-0564
PGP Key: 0x90ECB270

Facebook LinkedIn Twitter

“It may be cognitive, but, it ain’t intuitive."
— Hogstrom

--
Jean-Louis Vignaud
Product Management

Change in ZLC Composition

Matt Hogstrom

I have had a shift in responsibilities for my day job and as such have not been able to attend to Zowe as much as I think I should be commensurate with my responsibilities. As such, I’m stepping down from the ZLC; but not from Zowe.

The momentum for what the community is creating is palpable. Customers are now asking for it to do their own internal development, products are using it and we’ve made substantial progress over the past few years from incubator to open source to a critical part of product offerings and customer consumption. I’m honored to work with giants such as yourself.

One of the activities that needs to be done is to replace my seat on the ZLC. For consideration, I’d like to nominate Joe Winchester for that role. He is active in the community, driving critical work for packaging via CUPIDS and is the goto guy for so many things Zowe.

John Mertic will help to facilitate the process.

Again, thanks so much. You are all fantastic to work alongside.

Matt Hogstrom
matt@...
+1-919-656-0564
PGP Key: 0x90ECB270
Facebook LinkedIn Twitter

“It may be cognitive, but, it ain’t intuitive."
— Hogstrom

Re: Change in ZLC Composition

John Mertic

Zowe Community,

First and foremost, I would personally like to thank Matt for his service on the ZLC. There has been amazing progress in year 1 of Zowe which Matt has spearheaded, and his leadership has set the tone for the way the community will continue to grow in years to come.

The ZLC had a discussion yesterday on next steps with backfilling this seat, in light of the ZLC structure and processes ( see https://github.com/zowe/zlc/blob/master/process/structure.md ), and came up with two possible steps forward...

1) Immediately hold an election to backfill Matt's seat per the guidelines established ( https://github.com/zowe/zlc/blob/master/process/structure.md#composition ) with the term of this seat to be through the planned elections for the full ZLCin early January.
2) Start the process of the full ZLC re-election now, with the terms effective 1/1/2020 and the 1 year seats effective through 12/31/2020 and the 2 year seats effective through 12/31/2021.

The ZLC wanted community feedback on the way to proceed. Please share your preference on the approach on this thread. The ZLC would like to wrap up the discussion by the end of next week ( 11/15/2019 ) and then will discuss a plan for next steps at the subsequent ZLC meeting.

Let me know of any questions or concerns you might have.

Thank you,

John Mertic
Director of Program Management - Linux Foundation
ASWF, ODPi, and Open Mainframe Project
Schedule time with me at https://calendly.com/jmertic

On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 10:52 AM Matt Hogstrom <matt@...> wrote:

[...]

Re: [zowe-zlc] [zowe-user] Change in ZLC Composition

Matt Hogstrom

My 2c is that filling the existing seat now provides more opportunity in terms of others to join the community and opens up more of an opportunity for a diverse ZLC.  Holding a wholesale election now is more disruptive as there is a large number of process issues to figure out like voting, ...

Matt Hogstrom
PGP key 0F143BC1

On Nov 7, 2019, at 10:47, John Mertic <jmertic@...> wrote:

[...]

Re: [zowe-dev] [zowe-zlc] [zowe-user] Change in ZLC Composition

Tim Brooks

+1 for Option 1 for find a back-fill now and full elections in Jan.

Tim Brooks
Offering Manager
IBM Z
Office: 919-254-2436
Mobile: 703-343-5030

[...]

Mark.Ackert@...

+1 for Option 1 as well.

On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 1:27 PM Tim Brooks <tim.brooks@...> wrote:
[...]

+1 on option 1 as well

On Thu, 7 Nov 2019 at 19:28, Mark.Ackert via Lists.Openmainframeproject.Org <Mark.Ackert=broadcom.com@...> wrote:
[...]

jlinardon@...

+1 for option 1.

Jean-Philippe Linardon

Director, Software Engineering

Rocket Software

77 Fourth Avenue • Waltham, MA • 02451 • USA

+1 for Option 1 for find a back-fill now and full elections in Jan.

Tim Brooks

Offering Manager

IBM Z

E-mail: tim.brooks@...

Office: 919-254-2436

Mobile: 703-343-5030

[...]

This communication and any attachments may contain confidential information of Rocket Software, Inc. All unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify Rocket Software immediately and destroy all copies of this communication. Thank you.

Re: [zowe-dev] [zowe-zlc] [zowe-user] Change in ZLC Composition

Sean Grady

+1 to option 1, I believe it will best keep us on track for current plans.

Sean Grady

Software Architect

Rocket Software

77 Fourth Avenue • Waltham, MA, 02451-1466 • USA

From: "Matt Hogstrom" <matt@...>
Sent by: zowe-dev@...
To: zowe-zlc@...
Cc: Zowe-user@..., Zowe-dev@...
Date: Thu, Nov 7, 2019 1:24 PM

[...]

I am on vacation this week ... looks like John is as well ... About Voting

Matt Hogstrom

I see John is also on vacation.

The ZLC should be able to move forward with a vote to identify a replacement.  Of the responses I’ve seen there is a unanimous support for Option 1.

In my my absence this week I authorize Bruce Armstrong to vote as my proxy on issues / voting.

Based on some notes I’ve received I wanted to clarify that I am NOT leaving the project, I am merely aligning my available time with responsibilities and that was the basis of my decision to step down.

So, as Mark Twain once famously said, “Rumors of my death are greatly exaggerated” :)

Matt Hogstrom
matt@...
+1-919-656-0564
PGP Key: 0x90ECB270
Facebook  LinkedIn  Twitter

“It may be cognitive, but, it ain’t intuitive."
— Hogstrom

NOMINATIONS OPEN: ZLC Voting seat

John Mertic

Zowe Community,

As the vast majority of the Zowe Community is in favor of replacing the open seat on the ZLC, I'd like to formally open the nomination and election period.

Based on the ZLC structure and processes ( see https://github.com/zowe/zlc/blob/master/process/structure.md ), I'd like to propose the following schedule for the election:

TODAY: Call for Nominations, email all Zowe project committers
11/25: Nominations close, 11:59pm ET
11/27: Voting period opens, all current Zowe project committers vote, vote by electronic mail or CIVS as appropriate
12/4: Voting period ends, 11:59pm ET
12/6: Election results announced

We have one nomination already received for Joe Winchester. If you would like to nominate someone else or nominate yourself, please email your name and rationale for serving on the ZLC to me by 11/25 at 11:59pm ET. Note that in order to serve on the ZLC, you must be a Zowe Committer.

[...]

Re: NOMINATIONS OPEN: ZLC Voting seat

John Mertic

Friendly reminder that nominations for the ZLC seat close TODAY at 11:59pm US Eastern Time.

On Mon, Nov 18, 2019 at 4:30 PM John Mertic <jmertic@...> wrote:
[...]

NOMINATIONS RESULT: ZLC Voting seat

John Mertic

Zowe Community,

The ZLC Voting Seat nominations have closed with only Joe Winchester receiving a nomination. As such, he is automatically elected to that seat - congratulations Joe!

Thank you everyone for your participation.

John Mertic
Director of Program Management - Linux Foundation
ASWF, ODPi, and Open Mainframe Project
jmertic@...
+1 234-738-4571
Schedule time with me at https://calendly.com/jmertic

Re: NOMINATIONS RESULT: ZLC Voting seat

Sean Grady

Absolutely. Congratulations Joe!

[...]

Wu Song IF Fang

Congratulations, Joe!

Best Regards,

Wusong Fang (方吾松)

Email : bjwsfang@...
Tel : (86-10)8245 1195
Address: 28, ZhongGuanCun Software Park, No.8 Dong Bei Wang West Road, Haidian District Beijing P.R.China 100193
地址 :北京市海淀区东北旺西路8号中关村软件园28号环宇大厦 邮编:100193