Date
Re: [VOTE] Require Multi-Factor Authentication for Committers to Zowe Projects in GitHub

Matt Hogstrom

My +1

Matt Hogstrom
matt@...
+1-919-656-0564
PGP Key: 0x90ECB270
Facebook  LinkedIn  Twitter

“It may be cognitive, but, it ain’t intuitive."
— Hogstrom

On Jun 12, 2019, at 3:16 PM, Matt Hogstrom <matt@...> wrote:

As discussed in the ZLC meeting security is a critical aspect for Zowe as it is in all projects.  To increase security all Committers (members of the Zowe organization in GitHub) should have multi-factor authentication enabled.

After July 17th those members of the community that have not enabled MFA in GitHub will have their write access suspended until their account is secured with MFA.

ZLC members have binding votes but all are welcome to express their view.

Please respond to this e-mail with
+1 - Approve
 0 - No opinon
-1 - Disagree (please respond with specific objections)

Matt Hogstrom
matt@...
+1-919-656-0564
PGP Key: 0x90ECB270
Facebook  LinkedIn  Twitter

“It may be cognitive, but, it ain’t intuitive."
— Hogstrom

Re: [zowe-zlc] [VOTE] Require Multi-Factor Authentication for Committers to Zowe Projects in GitHub

Jean-Louis Vignaud

+1

--
Jean-Louis Vignaud
Product Management

Re: [zowe-zlc] [VOTE] Require Multi-Factor Authentication for Committers to Zowe Projects in GitHub

Maciej_Serafin@...

+1

Re: [zowe-zlc] [VOTE] Require Multi-Factor Authentication for Committers to Zowe Projects in GitHub

Mark.Ackert@...

+1

On Wed, Jun 12, 2019 at 5:22 PM <jlinardon@...> wrote:

+1

Jean-Philippe Linardon

Director, Software Engineering

Rocket Software

77 Fourth Avenue • Waltham, MA • 02451 • USA

[...]

This communication and any attachments may contain confidential information of Rocket Software, Inc. All unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify Rocket Software immediately and destroy all copies of this communication. Thank you.

Re: [zowe-zlc] [VOTE] Require Multi-Factor Authentication for Committers to Zowe Projects in GitHub

jlinardon@...

[...]

Re: Zowe CLI profile data at rest

Sujay

Zowe CLI stores credentials in plain text. However, you don't need to always store your credentials in the CLI. Zowe CLI is able to accept credentials from other sources such as environment variables.

Using it from automation tools like Jenkins which has its own secure credential storage capability https://jenkins.io/doc/developer/security/secrets/ allows the CLI to consume secure credentials via environment variables.

In the case where you're using it from your laptop and you'd like to store your credentials securely, there are 3rd party plugins available for Zowe that accomplish this.

Thanks,

Sujay Solomon

Global Product Manager | Mainframe DevOps Advisor

Helping Enterprises Achieve Integrated Mainframe DevOps

Broadcom, Pittsburgh, PA

Zowe CLI profile data at rest

Morten Schiønning

Hi

I’m a security professional, working for an infrastructure provider for major financial institutions in Denmark. I’m tasked with doing a risk assessment (and subsequent security approval) of Zowe, and, as part of that, Zowe CLI.

I am reading through the documentation and learn that users can create profiles, saving them from retyping, among other things, username and password.

I am lacking a description of how that information is stored. Is it saved in a regular file? Is it in clear text? Please provide as many details as you can J

From what I can tell about the other aspects of operation of Zowe (and Zowe CLI) the culture around seems to be pretty security aware, so I keep my fingers crossed. J

Regards

Venlig hilsen

Morten Schiønning

Sikkerhedskonsulent, Security & Compliance

Direkte +45 6363 9394

Mobile +45 5179 4116

msc@...

”De dygtigste vinder sammen, stræber efter enkelhed, fokuseret på kundens bedste”

JN Data A/S

·

Havsteensvej 4

·

4000 Roskilde

Telefon 63 63 63 63/ Fax 63 63 63 64

www.jndata.dk

jndata_new1

ZLC Meeting for Wed @ 0900 ET

Matt Hogstrom

ZLC Agenda for 2019-05-15 at 0900 ET can be found here https://github.com/zowe/zlc/tree/2019-05-15

@Alvin Tan offered to help facilitate the meeting in my absence, thanks Alvin.

Matt Hogstrom
matt@...
+1-919-656-0564
PGP Key: 0x90ECB270
Facebook  LinkedIn  Twitter

“It may be cognitive, but, it ain’t intuitive."
— Hogstrom

Zowe Enterprise Installer Play-Forward

Tim Brooks

Mark Your Calendars - We want to hear from you!

When: Tuesday, April 23rd, 11am-Noon ET

What: Since Zowe was launched we have received a lot of community feedback regarding the current experience installing Zowe drivers. We’d like to present the community plans to improve the current solution and get more input on issues relating to installing, upgrading, extending distributions, service, support, packaging and runtime lifecycle.

Why: This will be of interest to anyone who has installed Zowe, is thinking of installing Zowe, and/or would like to contribute to helping us drive our install experience forward. Our end goal is to make the Zowe install, launch, and maintain experience comfortable and familiar to system programmers in the z/OS community.

Additional Info:

Calendar Event Link: https://lists.openmainframeproject.org/g/zowe-dev/viewevent?eventid=469263&calstart=2019-04-23

Zoom Link
: https://zoom.us/my/zowe.onboarding

Re: Zowe Install Help

John Mertic

Adding the Zowe-user email list on CCing for the community to help chime in here.

Thank you,

John Mertic
Director of Program Management - Linux Foundation
ASWF, ODPi, and Open Mainframe Project
Schedule time with me at https://calendly.com/jmertic

On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 3:56 PM Prucker,Dylan S <DPRUCKER@...> wrote:

Hello,

I am with Travelers Insurance and we are currently in the process of trying to get Zowe installed in our testing environment. The main issue seems to be upon start up Zowe can’t get an instance for the apicatalog. The specific reoccurring error is as follows:

ERROR 84083301 --- Ý          main¨ c.c.m.a.s.i.InstanceRetrievalService     : An error occurred when trying to get instance info for:  apicatalog

I have posted a question to the github site with no resolve. I was wondering if there was a way were we could set up a webinar or I could get some direction as what may have occurred in the install process that caused this. Any insight would be much appreciated, we are eager to start using this tool. Thank you!

Best Regards,

Dylan Prucker |Technology Engineer

Travelers |1 Tower Sq, PB02

Hartford, CT 06183

P: (860) 954-3113

E: dprucker@...

This message (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary, privileged and/or private information. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity designated above. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender immediately, and delete the message and any attachments. Any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other use of this message or any attachments by an individual or entity other than the intended recipient is prohibited.

TRVDiscDefault::1201

Zowe v1.1.0 Release

Tim Brooks

The Zowe community has just released v1.1.0. To learn about what's new, changed, removed and known issues visit the release notes here:
https://zowe.github.io/docs-site/latest/getting-started/summaryofchanges.html#version-1-1-0-april-2019

There will also be a community system demo scheduled for Monday, 4/8, from 9-10am ET. This demo is open to all interested parties and community members are encouraged to attend.
Add to your calendar here: https://lists.openmainframeproject.org/g/zowe-dev/viewevent?eventid=462628&calstart=2019-04-08

Congratulations to everyone who helped ship v1.1.0!

DevOps.com Zowe Webinar - Register Today!

Tim Brooks

John Mertic, the Director of Program Management for The Linux Foundation, Joe Winchester, Senior Technical Staff Member at IBM, and Rose Sakach, Product Manager at Broadcom,  will discuss the challenges and opportunities that led to the creation of the the Open Mainframe Project and the Zowe initiative.  Launched last August, Zowe is the first open source project based on z/OS and serves as an integration platform for the next generation of tools for administration, management and development on z/OS mainframes.

By utilizing new interfaces and an API mediation layer, enterprises can now more easily integrate rich mainframe resources and extend ‘API-first’ to the mainframe.

Click here to register.

Re: Zowe v1.0.0 Webinar

Tim Brooks

For anyone who was not able to attend the Zowe webinar last month, the Open Mainframe Project has posted the recording here (Zowe talks start at 11:45):

https://www.openmainframeproject.org/resources/videos

Re: Zowe v1.0.0 Webinar

Tim Brooks

If you are joining the Zowe webinar - here's the dial-in info! The webinar starts at 9 am PST/12 EST! Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/102386605

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,102386605# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,102386605# US (New York)

Dial by your location
       +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
       +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
       +1 877 369 0926 US Toll-free
       +1 855 880 1246 US Toll-free
       +1 647 558 0588 Canada
       855 703 8985 Canada Toll-free
       +49 69 8088 3899 Germany
       +49 30 3080 6188 Germany
       +49 30 5679 5800 Germany
       800 724 3138 Germany Toll-free
       +852 5808 6088 Hong Kong, China
       800 906 780 Hong Kong, China Toll-free
       +81 524 564 439 Japan
       +81 3 4578 1488 Japan
       +81 800 100 5040 Japan Toll-free
       +44 203 966 3809 United Kingdom
       +44 203 695 0088 United Kingdom
       +44 800 031 5717 United Kingdom Toll-free
       +86 10 87833177 China
       +86 10 53876330 China
       400 669 9381 China Toll-free
       400 616 8835 China Toll-free
Meeting ID: 102 386 605
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abaBPKHfVn

Zowe v1.0.0 Webinar

Tim Brooks

Earlier this month, the Open Mainframe Project announced that Zowe, an open source software framework for the mainframe that strengthens integration with modern enterprise applications, is now production ready less than six months after launching. Any enterprise or solution developer can access the Zowe 1.0 source code or convenience build and incorporate it into their products or services with agility and scalability.

Join this webinar on Friday, February 22 at 9-10 am PST (noon-1pm ET) to learn more about how Zowe makes the z/OS environment more “cloud-like” and aims to improve integration in hybrid cloud environments and how to get more involved.

Steven Dickens, Open Mainframe Project Marketing Committee Chair and Global Sales Leader at IBM, will host the webinar as Zowe developers Sujay Solomon, Global Product Manager at Broadcom, Alex Kim, Systems z Solutions Architect with Vicom, and Sean Grady, Software Engineer at Rocket Software will share an overview and best practices, walk through a demo and answer questions.

Register here today: https://www.openmainframeproject.org/event/zowe-webinar

Announcing Zowe 1.0!

Tim Brooks

The Zowe community is proud to announce the release of Zowe 1.0.0!

To learn about what's new in this release and how it differs from the previous beta releases, be sure to check out the notes here:
https://zowe.github.io/docs-site/latest/getting-started/summaryofchanges.html?_ga=2.245265477.1772953917.1550066442-940329532.1544635015#version-1-0-0-february-2019

To listen to the 1.0 playback and to get a refresher on what Zowe is all about, listen here:
https://github.com/zowe/community/blob/master/Playbacks/Meeting%20Minutes%20and%20Recordings/20190211/Meeting%20Minutes.md

Congratulations to all Zowians who worked diligently to achieve this important community milestone!

Additional Resources:
OMP Press Release: https://www.openmainframeproject.org/press/2019/02/11/open-mainframe-project-advances-modern-mainframe-with-production-ready-zowe-1-0
Keeping up with the Zowians: https://www.openmainframeproject.org/blog/2019/02/04/keeping-up-with-the-zowians-best-ways-to-follow-zowe-community-developments

OMP and Zowe @THINK 2019

Tim Brooks

If you are going to be at THINK next week, be sure to check out the OMP/Zowe sessions and event to connect with other community members.
https://www.openmainframeproject.org/event/ibm-think-2019

Weekly ZLC Meeting tomorrow 0900 ET

Matt Hogstrom

We have posted agenda items https://github.com/zowe/zlc/tree/2018-08-22-hog/meetings/2018-08-22 in this branch for discussion tomorrow.  The document is Agenda.md.   For those not on the ZLC your welcome to attend.  I’ll post the meeting in #zowe-dev and #zowe-user this evening.  We use Zoom for the call and it is recorded.

For those not on the ZLC.  If you would like to add an item please create a Git Issue for the ZLC/meetings.

Matt Hogstrom
matt@...
+1-919-656-0564
PGP Key: 0x90ECB270
Facebook  LinkedIn  Twitter

“It may be cognitive, but, it ain’t intuitive."
— Hogstrom

Re: ZLC Meeting Schedule

Mike Fulton

Did you want to provide a few time slots and get feedback on preferences? That’s Asia friendly but west coast unfriendly.

ZLC Meeting schedule.  I’ll put out a meeting notice to the ZLC members and plan on using 0900 - 1000 ET as the meeting time through the end of the year.  We will confirm the meeting and agenda items on the #zowe-zlc channel by 1700 the day before and by this list.