Date

Zowe Documentation Scrum - Wed, 02/13/2019 9:30am-10:00am #cal-reminder

zowe-dev@lists.openmainframeproject.org Calendar <zowe-dev@...>

Reminder:
Zowe Documentation Scrum

When:
Wednesday, 13 February 2019
9:30am to 10:00am
(GMT-05:00) America/New York

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/454104735

Organizer:
Ashley Li nannanli@...

This scrum discusses the Zowe documentation status and issues.

This scrum happens from 9:30 am- 10:00 am EST every Wednesday.

Meeting minutes:
https://github.com/zowe/community/tree/master/Docs/Meeting%20Minutes%20and%20Recordings

View Event

CI/CD Squad Scrum (https://zoom.us/my/zowe.cicd) - Tue, 02/12/2019 9:00am-9:30am #cal-reminder

zowe-dev@lists.openmainframeproject.org Calendar <zowe-dev@...>

Reminder:
CI/CD Squad Scrum (https://zoom.us/my/zowe.cicd)

When:
Tuesday, 12 February 2019
9:00am to 9:30am
(GMT-05:00) America/New York

Where:
https://zoom.us/my/zowe.cicd

Organizer:
kocsis@...

Topic: CI/CD Squad Scrum (https://zoom.us/my/zowe.cicd)

View Event

Updated Event: Zowe Branching Discussion (https://zoom.us/j/710458850) - Tuesday, 19 February 2019 #cal-invite

zowe-dev@lists.openmainframeproject.org Calendar <zowe-dev@...>

Zowe Branching Discussion (https://zoom.us/j/710458850)

When:
Tuesday, 19 February 2019
10:00am to 11:00am
(GMT-05:00) America/New York

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/710458850

Organizer:
kocsis@...

Topic: Zowe Branching Discussion/Strategy

Time: Feb 18, 2019 9:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/710458850

Boxnote
https://ibm.ent.box.com/file/400482032856

One tap mobile
+16465588656,,710458850# US (New York)
+16699006833,,710458850# US (San Jose)

Dial by your location
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 855 880 1246 US Toll-free
        +1 877 369 0926 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 710 458 850
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/ahAEfCk45

Event: Zowe Branching Discussion (https://zoom.us/j/710458850) - Monday, 18 February 2019 #cal-invite

zowe-dev@lists.openmainframeproject.org Calendar <zowe-dev@...>

Zowe Branching Discussion (https://zoom.us/j/710458850)

When:
Monday, 18 February 2019
9:00am to 10:00am

Zowe Sprint Playback (https://zoom.us/j/908363757) - Mon, 02/11/2019 9:00am-10:30am #cal-reminder

zowe-dev@lists.openmainframeproject.org Calendar <zowe-dev@...>

Reminder:
Zowe Sprint Playback (https://zoom.us/j/908363757)

When:
Monday, 11 February 2019
9:00am to 10:30am
(GMT-05:00) America/New York

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/908363757

Organizer:
kocsis@...

Topic: Zowe Sprint Playback
Time: Feb 4, 2019 9:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/908363757

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,908363757# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,908363757# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 877 369 0926 US Toll-free
        +1 855 880 1246 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 908 363 757
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/aGdFUx2nA

View Event

Updated Event: Zowe Documentation Scrum #cal-invite

zowe-dev@lists.openmainframeproject.org Calendar <zowe-dev@...>

Zowe Documentation Scrum

When:
Wednesday, 13 February 2019
9:30am to 10:00am
(GMT-05:00) America/New York
Repeats: Weekly on Wednesday, through Wednesday, 22 January 2020

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/454104735

Organizer:
nannanli@...

This scrum discusses the Zowe documentation status and issues.

This scrum happens from 9:30 am- 10:00 am EST every Wednesday.

Meeting minutes:
https://github.com/zowe/community/tree/master/Docs/Meeting%20Minutes%20and%20Recordings

Re: [VOTE] Zowe 1.0.0 Release based on promotion of RC2 (515) - TSS/ACF Validated

Matt Hogstrom

+1 Votes
Sean Grady
Bruce Armstrong
Jean-Philippe Linardon
Jean-Louis Vignaud
Mark Ackert
Matt Hogstrom
Petr Plavjanik
Greg MacKinnon

No 0 or -1 Votes.

Zowe RC2 (515) can be promoted to GA 1.0 …

Matt Hogstrom
matt@...
+1-919-656-0564
PGP Key: 0x90ECB270

"Aut Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam" translated -
"I shall either find a way or make one."

The phrase has been attributed to Hannibal; when his generals told him it was impossible to cross the Alps by elephant,

On Feb 8, 2019, at 9:43 AM, Matt Hogstrom <matt@...> wrote:

Please cast your votes for the 1.0.0 release.

+1 - Support promotion of source and convenience build
 0  - no opinion
-1 - There are issues and I do not support release

For 0 and -1 votes please provide your rationale.

We welcome all community members to share their votes.
Matt Hogstrom
matt@...
+1-919-656-0564
PGP Key: 0x90ECB270

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

— Dylan Thomas, “Do not go gentle into that good night"

Re: [zowe-zlc] [VOTE] Zowe 1.0.0 Release based on promotion of RC2 (515) - TSS/ACF Validated

Gregory MacKinnon

+1

Gregory MacKinnon

On Fri, Feb 8, 2019 at 12:47 PM Mark.Ackert via Lists.Openmainframeproject.Org <Mark.Ackert=broadcom.com@...> wrote:

+1

On Fri, Feb 8, 2019 at 12:46 PM Jean-Louis Vignaud via Lists.Openmainframeproject.Org <JeanLouis.Vignaud=broadcom.com@...> wrote:
+1

On Fri, 8 Feb 2019 at 16:03, <jlinardon@...> wrote:

+1

Jean-Philippe Linardon

Senior Manager, Software Engineering

Rocket Software

77 Fourth Avenue • Waltham, MA • 02451 • USA

Please cast your votes for the 1.0.0 release.

+1 - Support promotion of source and convenience build

 0  - no opinion

-1 - There are issues and I do not support release

For 0 and -1 votes please provide your rationale.

We welcome all community members to share their votes.

Matt Hogstrom
matt@...
+1-919-656-0564
PGP Key: 0x90ECB270

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

— Dylan Thomas, “Do not go gentle into that good night"

This communication and any attachments may contain confidential information of Rocket Software, Inc. All unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify Rocket Software immediately and destroy all copies of this communication. Thank you.

--
Jean-Louis Vignaud
Product Management

Re: [zowe-zlc] [VOTE] Zowe 1.0.0 Release based on promotion of RC2 (515) - TSS/ACF Validated

“Plavjanik, Petr”

+1

Jean-Louis Vignaud <JeanLouis.Vignaud@...>

[...]

Software Architect

Rocket Software

77 Fourth Avenue • Waltham, MA, 02451-1466 • USA

[...]

[DISCUSS] Zowe 1.0.0 Release based on promotion of RC2 (515) - TSS/ACF Validated

Matt Hogstrom

Please use this thread for comments and discussions independent of the VOTE thread.

Matt Hogstrom
matt@...
+1-919-656-0564
PGP Key: 0x90ECB270
Facebook  LinkedIn  Twitter

From Lord of the Rings, when Frodo decides to leave the Fellowship and go to Mordor alone . . . Frodo:  “I wish the ring had never come to me.  I wish none of this had happened.”  Gandalf:  “So do all who live to see such things.  But it is not for them to decide.  All you have to do is decide what to do with this time that is given to you.”

Re: [zowe-zlc] [VOTE] Promote RC2 (515) to 1.0.0 GA

Matt Hogstrom

I’m going to reset the voting for RC2 (515) promotion to GA 1.0.0.  It was discovered late yesterday that some testing on other z/OS configurations uncovered a potential issue.  The issue was related to the starting of ZWESIS01 as an STC and communication to ZSS for ACF2 and TSS security managers.

The issue was a documentation problem that @mark ran into because the configuration for those security managers were not in the automation.  We have verified Zowe does work in those environments and the documentation has been updated.   There was no code changes so the existing source tarball and the convenience binary are untouched.

I’m cancelling this vote and wlll send out a new vote thread.

All community members will need to recast their vote to be counted for this release.

Thanks to Mark and Joe Winchester for angering through this last night.  Well done gents.

Matt Hogstrom
matt@...
+1-919-656-0564
PGP Key: 0x90ECB270
Facebook  LinkedIn  Twitter

From Lord of the Rings, when Frodo decides to leave the Fellowship and go to Mordor alone . . . Frodo:  “I wish the ring had never come to me.  I wish none of this had happened.”  Gandalf:  “So do all who live to see such things.  But it is not for them to decide.  All you have to do is decide what to do with this time that is given to you.”

On Feb 7, 2019, at 2:38 PM, Matt Hogstrom <matt@...> wrote:

ZLC member votes are binding, the community is encouraged and welcome to provide their votes as well.

+1 you have reviewed the source release and tested the binary build and support moving RC2 to GA status

0 you have no opinion

-1 Do not release (please provide rationale

Matt Hogstrom
matt@...
PGP Key: 0x90ECB270

"Aut Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam" translated -
"I shall either find a way or make one."

The phrase has been attributed to Hannibal; when his generals told him it was impossible to cross the Alps by elephant,

Core - Web UI meeting - Fri, 02/08/2019 #cal-notice

zowe-dev@lists.openmainframeproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Core - Web UI meeting

When:
Friday, 8 February 2019
9:00am to 10:00am
(GMT-05:00) America/New York

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/226432549

This is a recurring working meeting. Format and content to be determined by the squad and adjusted as necessary.

Possible content includes:

  1. Status review
  2. Roadmap discussion
  3. Technical conversations
  4. Q&A

Core - Web UI meeting - Fri, 02/08/2019 9:00am-10:00am #cal-reminder

natasha@...; sgrady@...; jlinardon@...

This is a recurring working meeting. Format and content to be determined by the squad and adjusted as necessary.

Possible content includes:

  1. Status review
  2. Roadmap discussion
  3. Technical conversations
  4. Q&A

View Event

Re: [DISCUSS] Promote RC2 (515) to 1.0.0 GA

Matt Hogstrom

Update on 1.0.0 and the security managers TSS and ACF2.  Working with Mark and Joe we discovered some inconsistencies in the doc which led to an incorrect definition of a security resource.  Good news, worked like a champ, permission denied.  Once  corrected, comms between ZSS and ZWESIS01 was functional.

Mark is going to complete some tests in the morning with some the security folks on his team and give us his vote.  I’ll hold mine until then but its looking good.  The first one is always the hardest.

Thanks to Joe and Mark … if I needed to storm the gates of hell armed only with squirt guns, I’d go with these guys.

Talk to you tomorrow.

Matt Hogstrom
matt@...
+1-919-656-0564
PGP Key: 0x90ECB270
Facebook  LinkedIn  Twitter

I’m like so hyper-organized it just “looks” like confusion to the un-trained eye.  - Hogstrom

On Feb 7, 2019, at 3:23 PM, Matt Hogstrom <matt@...> wrote:

Mark,

I don’t think it holds up 1.0.0 but it highlights the need for a diverse set of systems that we can test on that have RACF / TSS and ACF2.  (Three separate systems of course).   I’ve also seen that we have some users that are sh users and others use bash which I think also accounts for variances in install and configuration experience.

Independent of the 1.0.0 vote, I’d suggest that we can create two additional z/OS instances on River for now with the two additional being a TSS instance and the other being ACF2.  We can restrict access to the instances as needed.  Going forward, we need to begin an installation smoke test across the three environments.  Working for IBM I do not work on RACF and am somewhat indifferent to the security managers apart from ensuring that we have a good install experience and would offer to help.

I do a lot of sysadmin and would be happy to help out.  Something that perhaps you and JeanLouis can discuss.  I’m not an ACF2 expert by any stretch but I did some systems programming work using it when I was a customer.  Please PM me if you prefer to discuss in that venue.

Let me know how I can help.

Matt Hogstrom
matt@...
+1-919-656-0564
PGP Key: 0x90ECB270
Facebook  LinkedIn  Twitter

“It may be cognitive, but, it ain’t intuitive."
— Hogstrom

On Feb 7, 2019, at 3:11 PM, Mark.Ackert via Lists.Openmainframeproject.Org <Mark.Ackert=broadcom.com@...> wrote:

No vote yet, but I want to expand on current ACF2/TSS status in relation to 1.0.0:

Since ZSS now requires SAF security definitions as part of the install, there are some gaps with respect to TSS and ACF2 systems.
1. Automated install only fully supports RACF. ACF2/TSS sites will not install smoothly like RACF; it will fail on ZSS server install.
2. ZSS Manual install documentation is probably in need of a partial rewrite based on my experience with it in last 24 hours, and we critically need to add TSS/ACF2 commands so those users can install Zowe at all.

The question I have is - are these gaps show-stoppers for 1.0? Do we have any users running TSS/ACF2 that want to run with Zowe 1.0.0 right away?

My current expectation for remediation is:

1. Immediately improve documentation for manual install with ACF2/TSS securities. This can be done on a seperate lifecycle from the Zowe PAX & 1.0.0, since nothing will need ot change in binaries to support manual documentation. I expect to complete a manual install within a business day or two, and will use that experience to update the manual doc.

2. Target Zowe 1.0.1 in ~3-4 weeks to add TSS/ACF2 automation in install scripts.

Thanks,
-Mark

On Thu, Feb 7, 2019 at 2:38 PM Matt Hogstrom <matt@...> wrote:
ZLC member votes are binding, the community is encouraged and welcome to provide their votes as well.

+1 you have reviewed the source release and tested the binary build and support moving RC2 to GA status

0 you have no opinion

-1 Do not release (please provide rationale

Matt Hogstrom
matt@...
PGP Key: 0x90ECB270

"Aut Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam" translated -
"I shall either find a way or make one."

The phrase has been attributed to Hannibal; when his generals told him it was impossible to cross the Alps by elephant,

Re: [VOTE] Promote RC2 (515) to 1.0.0 GA

Nicholas Kocsis

0
But I'm not sure if we should hold up v1.0.0 for these doc updates. I would propose we ship v1.0.0 and continue working on the doc updates and refresh those when they are complete. I haven't heard that any customers are installing under these conditions and even if they were I'm sure that the docs could be refreshed within the week.

Regards, Nick

Nick (N.G.) Kocsis 8200 Warden Ave
Markham, L6G 1C7
Zowe Development Canada
IBM Z Management Software
IBM Systems
Phone:+1-905-413-3527
e-mail:kocsis@...

"Mark.Ackert via Lists.Openmainframeproject.Org" ---2019/02/07 03:11:47 PM---No vote yet, but I want to expand on current ACF2/TSS status in relation to 1.0.0:

From: "Mark.Ackert via Lists.Openmainframeproject.Org" <Mark.Ackert=broadcom.com@...>
To: zowe-dev@...
Cc: zowe-zlc@...
Date: 2019/02/07 03:11 PM