Organizer:
kocsis@...

Zowe Architecture Call (https://zoom.us/my/zowe.cicd)

Upcoming Event: Zowe Architecture Call (https://zoom.us/my/zowe.cicd) - Wed, 08/21/2019 12:00pm-1:00pm #cal-reminder

zowe-dev@lists.openmainframeproject.org Calendar <zowe-dev@...>

Reminder: Zowe Architecture Call (https://zoom.us/my/zowe.cicd)

When: Wednesday, 21 August 2019, 12:00pm to 1:00pm, (GMT-04:00) America/New York

Where:https://zoom.us/my/zowe.cicd

View Event

Organizer: kocsis@...

Zowe Architecture Call (https://zoom.us/my/zowe.cicd)

Zowe ZLC meeting - Wed, 08/21/2019 #cal-notice

zowe-dev@lists.openmainframeproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Zowe ZLC meeting

When:
Wednesday, 21 August 2019
9:00am to 10:00am
(GMT-04:00) America/New York

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/935375531

Organizer:
matt@... +1-919-656-0564

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/935375531

Or iPhone one-tap : US: +16699006833,,935375531# or +16465588656,,935375531# Or Telephone: Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 877 369 0926 (Toll Free) or +1 855 880 1246 (Toll Free) Meeting ID: 935 375 531 International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/b1u8uCXIn

Upcoming Event: Zowe ZLC meeting - Wed, 08/21/2019 9:00am-10:00am #cal-reminder

zowe-dev@lists.openmainframeproject.org Calendar <zowe-dev@...>

Reminder: Zowe ZLC meeting

[...]

New Zowe Members

Tim Brooks

Hi All,

FYI

The OMP issued a Press Release today which included the announcement of new member organizations. I think it's great to see Phoenix Software and Syncsort join the community and to see their support and interest in participating in the Zowe project:
https://www.openmainframeproject.org/blog/2019/08/20/open-mainframe-project-continues-momentum-with-new-members-new-open-source-projects-and-additional-support-for-diversity

Also, we have just launched the Zowe conformance program! This is a set of guidelines that shows you how you can build Zowe conformant applications and how you can use the Zowe brand and logo for your conforming products:
https://www.openmainframeproject.org/projects/zowe/conformance

[Vote] Web UI Squad Committer Reorganization - Remove committer

edawes@...

Hi, I haven’t been active with the Zowe Community recently, I don’t think I should be on that list of approvers. Please remove me, thanks.

-Eamon Dawes

Hi all. Consider this an overdue spring cleaning.

There has been discussion of consolidation of committer groups of the web UI squad down from over 25 to just 4.

The as-is problem is that committers rights are per-repo, so as we gain more apps, we gain more groups to manage, and there's enough collaboration going on now that having so many groups seems overkill.

Instead, I propose to group committer rights for the web ui squad to just 4 categories, and grow only as needed.

I'd like to kick off a vote on this new grouping which will end by EOD Tuesday

  1. Web Framework Committers: This is for the browser code that powers the framework.
  2. Server Framework Committers: This is for the server code that powers the framework.
  3. App Committers: This is for all of the Apps today. New & Existing apps can be reevaluated for separation of committers if they become too specialized later.
  4. ZSS Committers: This is ZSS and the libraries it depends on.

The big consolidation is that App committers can now work together more easily. Web & server framework committers already had overlap and zss had previously been just 2 repos.

Some repos are organizational, build-related, or shared such that they dont clearly belong in 1 group, and therefore could be shared amongst multiple groups.

Below is the organization I have come up with:

App: file-transfer-app sample-react-app sample-angular-app sample-iframe-app tn3270-ng2 vt-ng2 workshop-starter-app workshop-user-browser-app zlux-charts zlux-editor zlux-file-explorer zlux-file-properties zlux-widgets zlux-workflow zos-subsystems

Server FW: zlux zlux-build zlux-shared zlux-app-server  zlux-server-framework

App FW: zlux zlux-build zlux-shared zlux-platform zlux-app-manager

ZSS: zowe-common-c zss

The following people are currently committers to these repos and therefore have binding votes:

dprizentsov

jordanfilteau1995

1000TurquoisePogs

colavitam

sakeerthy

rpenny125

toddwellman

jhenryRocket

lchudinov

reetchow

fkovinatrocket

eamondawes

dmitrynikolaev

AlexanderMikhailovAtRocket

denisglebov

hogstrom

ifakhrutdinov

gadyck

Please vote with +1, 0, or -1. If your vote is not a +1, please indicate why so we can adjust if needed.

Alternatively, there are some people who have been less active lately. If you no longer wish to be a committer, then you don't need to vote but do tell us so that we can adjust the list.

If the vote is successful, I will make the groups with the previous members but would then like to kick off nominations post-organization so that we can continue to grow & cooperate.

Eamon Dawes

DevOps Engineering, R&D

Rocket Software

77 Fourth Avenue • Waltham, MA • 02451 • USA

T: +1 781 577 4106 • E: edawes@...• W: www.rocketsoftware.com

This communication and any attachments may contain confidential information of Rocket Software, Inc. All unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify Rocket Software immediately and destroy all copies of this communication. Thank you.

This communication and any attachments may contain confidential information of Rocket Software, Inc. All unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify Rocket Software immediately and destroy all copies of this communication. Thank you.

Upcoming Event: CI/CD Squad Scrum (https://zoom.us/my/zowe.cicd) - Tue, 08/20/2019 11:00am-12:00pm #cal-reminder

zowe-dev@lists.openmainframeproject.org Calendar <zowe-dev@...>

Reminder: CI/CD Squad Scrum (https://zoom.us/my/zowe.cicd)

When: Tuesday, 20 August 2019, 11:00am to 12:00pm, (GMT-04:00) America/New York

Where:https://zoom.us/my/zowe.cicd

View Event

Organizer: kocsis@...

Re: [Vote] Web UI Squad Committer Reorganization

Fyodor Kovin

+1

Fyodor Kovin

[...]

Thank you,

Sean Grady

Software Architect

Rocket Software

77 Fourth Avenue • Waltham, MA, 02451-1466 • USA

t: +1 781 684 2022 • e: sgrady@... • w: www.rocketsoftware.com

[...]

Re: [zowe-zlc] [VOTE Summary] Site promotion to Github Pages

Matt Hogstrom

We have 5 of the 6 ZLC members voting +1.  In prior conversations Jean-Louis indicated his agreement so I’m going to summarize the approval to shift the website over.

John, I know your completing a formatting issue.  Once that is complete please proceed.

Votes
+1
Hogstrom
Armstrong
Linardon
Grady
Ackert

Pending (prior verbal approval given on previous ZLC calls)
Vignaud

Matt Hogstrom
matt@...
+1-919-656-0564
PGP Key: 0x90ECB270
Facebook  LinkedIn  Twitter

“It may be cognitive, but, it ain’t intuitive."
— Hogstrom

On Aug 19, 2019, at 9:45 AM, Mark.Ackert via Lists.Openmainframeproject.Org <Mark.Ackert=broadcom.com@...> wrote:

+1

On Mon, Aug 19, 2019 at 9:07 AM <jlinardon@...> wrote:

+1

Jean-Philippe Linardon

Director, Software Engineering

From:        "Matt Hogstrom" <matt@...>
To:        zowe-zlc@...
Date:        08/16/2019 05:40 PM
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] [zowe-zlc] [VOTE] Site promotion to Github Pages
Sent by:        zowe-zlc@...

Good feedback on the site.  I think we have the bulk of the changes … This vote is to approve what we have and cutover on Monday morning (8/19)  to the new site.  Additional changes can be added as we move forward.

Discussion in https://openmainframeproject.slack.com/messages/CBVJGPWHX

I tested the page and links on Mac.  Firefox (68.0.2 (64-bit)), Chrome (
77.0.3865.35 (Official Build) beta (64-bit)) and Safari (12.1.1 (14607.2.6.1.1)) ...

+1
0
-1

[...]

Requiring Two Factor Authentication (2FA) for GitHub accounts of Committers

John Mertic

Zowe Developer Community,

To help improve security of the Zowe codebase, the Zowe project will begin requiring Two Factor Authentication (2FA) for all GitHub accounts of Zowe Committers. More details on this are at https://github.com/zowe/zlc/blob/master/process/2factor-authentication.md

Please enable 2FA on your account by EOD Friday, August 23, 2019. At that point we will mark 2FA as required for having committer access on GitHub.

Thank you,

John Mertic
Director of Program Management - Linux Foundation
ASWF, ODPi, and Open Mainframe Project
Schedule time with me at https://calendly.com/jmertic

Re: [Vote] Web UI Squad Committer Reorganization

Bruce Armstrong

+1

Bruce Armstrong
Armstrob@...

using IBM Verse

On Aug 16, 2019, at 2:20 PM, Sean Grady <sgrady@...> wrote:

[...]

Suneeth Keerthy

+1

Suneeth Keerthy

Software Engineer I

[...]

Re: [zowe-zlc] [VOTE] Site promotion to Github Pages

Matt Hogstrom

Adding my +1 and missed mailing lists.

On Aug 16, 2019, at 5:40 PM, Matt Hogstrom via Lists.Openmainframeproject.Org <matt=hogstrom.org@...> wrote:

Good feedback on the site.  I think we have the bulk of the changes … This vote is to approve what we have and cutover on Monday morning (8/19)  to the new site.  Additional changes can be added as we move forward.

I tested the page and links on Mac.  Firefox (68.0.2 (64-bit)), Chrome (77.0.3865.35 (Official Build) beta (64-bit)) and Safari (12.1.1 (14607.2.6.1.1)) ...

+1
-1

Matt Hogstrom
matt@...
+1-919-656-0564
PGP Key: 0x90ECB270
Facebook  LinkedIn  Twitter

“It may be cognitive, but, it ain’t intuitive."
— Hogstrom

Re: [Vote] Web UI Squad Committer Reorganization

Robert Penny

+1

[...]

Leanid Astrakou

Non binding +1

-Leanid

[...]

Nolan Rogers <nrogers@...>

I believe my vote may be non-binding but absolutely +1 from me.

If the vote passes Sean, I’d be happy to work with you on the organization of the restructuring.

Best,

Nolan Rogers

Project Manager