From: John Mertic <jmertic@...>
Date: Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 2:09 PM
Subject: Open MainFrame Intern - Open Source Summit EU update
To: Tuan M. HOANG <tmhoang@...>, Usman Haider <uhaider.msee15seecs@...>, Shikhar Jaiswal <jaiswalshikhar87@...>, Shashank Motepalli <shashank.motepalli@...>, yash jain <ydjainopensource@...>, jayaditya gupta <jayadityagupta11@...>
Cc: Robert A Dahlberg <dahlbergra@...>, Lindsay Mays <lmays@...>, Cassandra Reyes Jones <creyesjones@...>

Hello interns attending Open Source Summit EU!

We are thrilled that each of you is attending and presenting at Open Source Summit EU. I appreciate you working with Lindsay and the team at Cranky Concierge on arranging travel to and from the event.

Some additional guidelines as you prepare for the event:

Hotel Accommodations

- Hotel location - we will be providing confirmations over the coming weeks, but for those needing VISA details here is the hotel address and costs:

Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, Edinburgh
1 Festival Square
Edinburgh EH3 9SR, UK

Hotel nightly costs are £235 per room.

- Note that we are booking directly and paying directly for 10/21-25. Some of you expressed interest in extending your trip, for that you will need to contact the hotel directly to make those arrangements.  and that any additional needs they have or extended dates they are booking will need to be coordinated directly with the hotel.
- You will be sharing a room with another intern, details of this will be shared in the confirmation emails.

Meals and Transportation Expenses

We recommend taking a taxi from Edinburgh Airport to the hotel.  The average transport time is around 20 – 25 minutes.  We ask that you pay for all transportation costs upfront and submit receipts for reimbursement post-event.

Each person has $100 per day to be used towards meals and coffee.  We ask that you pay for all meals upfront and submit receipts for reimbursement post-event.

You can submit your expense by email, using the attached invoice form, to ap@....  Please allow up to 30 days for reimbursement.  Please list all receipts and totals in the invoice, then copy and attach the receipts to the invoice for reference.  If you have any questions, please let us know.

Session Planning

We would like to have a planning call for the session at OSSEU. Could you provide your availability for a call by EOD Friday at https://doodle.com/poll/u9eyi8tedezpb6up

We will also be adding each of you to the session abstract. Can you each provide a headshot and brief bio for addition to the session details?

Thank you,

John Mertic
Director of Program Management - Linux Foundation - ODPi, R Consortium, and Open Mainframe Project
Schedule time with me at https://calendly.com/jmertic

Join omp-interns-2018@lists.openmainframeproject.org to automatically receive all group messages.