From: John Mertic <jmertic@...>
Date: Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 8:51 AM
Subject: Now Accepting Applications: Open Mainframe Project Summer 2018 Intern Program
To: Open Mainframe Project - Academic Members <omp-academic-members@...>, Open Mainframe Project - TSC <tsc@...>, Open Mainframe Project - Marketing Committee <marketing@...>, Open Mainframe Project - Members <omp-members@...>, Open Mainframe Project - Governing Board <omp-board@...>

We are excited to announce that we are now accepting applications for the Open Mainframe Project Summer 2018 intern program.

Attached you will find an email you can forward on to your students announcing the program, along with 1 page flyer and a list of suggested tweets

Thank you so much for your support!

Letter to Students:

Dear Students,

The Open Mainframe Project is excited to announce we are accepting up to eight student interns for our summer of 2018 Intern Program.

Don’t wait to apply: Application deadline February 16th, 2018!   <https://jobs.lever.co/linuxfoundation.org/9fb9d5ac-fe01-4c82-8707-c2597111f62e>

Each intern will work closely with a mentor for the duration of his/her internship. If you have a great idea for a development activity for Open Mainframe Project, you can submit the idea as part of your application and, if chosen, the Open Mainframe Project Internship Administrator will find a suitable mentor for you.

Kevin Lee, one of our 2017 interns, shares his experience: "As an intern for the Open Mainframe Project by the Linux Foundation, I tested, improved, and created business networks on Hyperledger Fabric on the mainframe. From my internship at the Linux Foundation, I had the opportunity to not only experience blockchain systems in industry, but also become immersed in the process of developing and building a project from start to completion. As the pioneer and developer of IMMUNIchain during the internship, I worked closely with my mentors on brainstorming, coding, debugging, deploying, testing, and finally presenting my project at the conference. Members of my mentoring team, led by Vicom Infinity CTO Leonard J. Santalucia and IBM Transformation Leader Jin VanStee, were all specialized in different industries and helped to critique and improve my project with their diverse perspectives. From my experience working with the Linux Foundation, I not only become more well-versed in reconciling the varying definitions of blockchain in academia and in industry, but I also gained valuable experience and built meaningful relationships with my mentors."

Don’t wait to apply: Application deadline February 16th, 2018!

Click here  for more details and to apply! https://jobs.lever.co/linuxfoundation.org/9fb9d5ac-fe01-4c82-8707-c2597111f62e

We hope to see you this summer!

About the Open Mainframe Project
The Open Mainframe Project is intended to serve as a focal point for deployment and use of the Linux OS in a mainframe computing environment. The Project intends to increase collaboration across the mainframe community and to developed shared tool sets and resources. Furthermore, the Project seeks to involve the participation of academic institutions to assist in teaching and educating the mainframe Linux engineers and developers of tomorrow. Through our internship program, students can expand their knowledge of mainframe technology, while at the same time helping contribute to open source projects that will make it easier for these infrastructure applications to run on Linux on System Z.

Tweets:

Open Mainframe Summer Internship - only 8 spots! Learn more now! https://jobs.lever.co/linuxfoundation.org/9fb9d5ac-fe01-4c82-8707-c2597111f62e

Work with the Linux and Open Source Mainframe development community during the Summer of 2018. Learn more. https://jobs.lever.co/linuxfoundation.org/9fb9d5ac-fe01-4c82-8707-c2597111f62e

Looking for summer interns on for open source mainframe development. Learn more now! https://jobs.lever.co/linuxfoundation.org/9fb9d5ac-fe01-4c82-8707-c2597111f62e

Have a great idea for a development activity for Linux and Open Source on Mainframe? Become a 2018 intern! https://jobs.lever.co/linuxfoundation.org/9fb9d5ac-fe01-4c82-8707-c2597111f62e

The Open Mainframe Project will give interns an opportunity to present their project at an industry conference. Learn more. https://jobs.lever.co/linuxfoundation.org/9fb9d5ac-fe01-4c82-8707-c2597111f62e

Submit your Open Mainframe summer internship project proposal by February 16th, 2018. Sign up now. https://jobs.lever.co/linuxfoundation.org/9fb9d5ac-fe01-4c82-8707-c2597111f62e

Looking to work in the open source mainframe development community? Learn more! https://jobs.lever.co/linuxfoundation.org/9fb9d5ac-fe01-4c82-8707-c2597111f62e

Now Accepting Applications:Open Mainframe Project Summer 2018 Intern Program! https://jobs.lever.co/linuxfoundation.org/9fb9d5ac-fe01-4c82-8707-c2597111f62e

Mainframe skills are in high demand. Get an inside track as an Open Mainframe Summer Intern https://jobs.lever.co/linuxfoundation.org/9fb9d5ac-fe01-4c82-8707-c2597111f62e

Work on cutting edge technologies like BlockChain, containers, and dataops as an Open Mainframe Summer Intern https://jobs.lever.co/linuxfoundation.org/9fb9d5ac-fe01-4c82-8707-c2597111f62e

Thank you,

John Mertic
Director of Program Management - Linux Foundation - ODPi, R Consortium, and Open Mainframe Project
Schedule time with me at https://calendly.com/jmertic

Join omp-academic-members@lists.openmainframeproject.org to automatically receive all group messages.