Re: Workbench

a orth <pwht@...>

Exactly, and agile will help us get there.

From: Ian C <ian@...>
Sent: Saturday, February 20, 2021 12:58 AM
To: a orth <pwht@...>
Subject: Re: [GeneraERS] Workbench

Hi Andrea,

Looks like email came to just me.

And re agile, or any process for that matter, will not work unless we have a clear idea/definition of where we are headed.

Cheers,

Ian C

On Sat, Feb 20, 2021 at 2:49 PM a orth <pwht@...> wrote:

So the scrum master hat is on. And I admit if you haven't worked under agile, it may not be clear. It's also easier to takea reflective look at things sometimes via email

First, a consideration are the outcomes of what we want to achieve which, in this case, is the workbench but would apply to PE, documentation,etc

When I say outcomes, it's not technology being referencd because that's a solution. Just off the top off my head, we want to allow for flexible front ends. How do we efficiently get there? Not buy making big bang architectural decisions.

Instead, we decide what our outcomes are (this would be easier to visualize and determine with what is called a product canvas).

Then we decide what are Most Valuable Prototype (MVP). The MVP is what bit of coding will help us determine if we are headed to a solution that meets are outcomes.

I'm a little uneasy, and I'm quilty of it, of going straight to a technology solution and I'm a bit concerned we're waterfalling, when you really can't make waterfall work for greenfield work and when work is done in bits outside of most contributors day jobs