2022/05/11 Feilong project meeting notes


Mike Friesenegger
 

# 2022/05/11 Feilong project meeting

## Attendees
- James Vincent
- Ji Chen
- Len Santalucia
- Mike Friesenegger

## Agenda topics
- Review meeting notes from April 13 meeting

## Meeting Notes

### VMworkshop session
- Feilong session is accepted
  - Friday June 6/17 2:15-3:15p
  - Mike will set up a meeting with Len and Stephanie to review presentation

### Increasing development efforts
- Help with code testing of advanced features
  - CPU pooling
  - PCIE adapter
  - Monitoring
    - Expands the scope of cloud connector
    - Key z/vm metrics for alerts
    - Not actively implementing
      - Looking for feedback on metrics that people find interesting
- Review and update documentation
- IDEA: Use github issue to discuss new feilong capabilities
  - Mike will send email Stev to introduce idea
  - Also invite Stev to Feilong meetings

### Promoting Feilong involvement
- Email to Stev about tighter connection between ICIC product and OSS project

### Update on OMP mainframe
- Will be install at Marist College
- Shipped and sitting on Marist colleges
  - z15 T02
    - Up to 65 processors
    - Up to 40 LPARs
    - Up to 8 or 16TB memory (Len did not remember)
  - DS8910
    - 14TB
  - Small virtual tape system
- Additional money needed for installation
  - $100 - $200K need to complete the project
    - Includes additional hardware
  - Each new OMP member organization helps by their membership fees
    - Invite organizations to join the OMP

## Next meeting agenda topics
-  Next meeting is June 9 at 9am CST (June 8 at 9pm EDT)

Join feilong-discussion@lists.openmainframeproject.org to automatically receive all group messages.